Casa Rocas by Studio Mk27
This minimalist ocean front residence located in El Pangue, Chile, was designed in 2012 by Studio Mk27.
Description by Studio Mk27
The starting point for the creation of the project was in preserving the view. The house is transformed into a tray-like object from where the ocean can be seen without any intervention from all of the main ambients. The insertion and implantation of the project onto the site was thought out in the most delicate ways possible aiming to preserve the unevenness of this same. There were two side walls created out of stone which absorb, like a drawer, the box program wth all the social and utility services of the house.
Supported and designed in this box is the solidness that comprises the private part of the residence (the first storey) and protects the entrance of the house forming a marques that takes advantage of the programming box that is below just like a terrace. The unevenness that exists between the part of the living room and the pool makes it such that the horizon can be completely admired, without any intervention, both from inside as well as outside the house.
Photography by Fernando Guerra
Products You May Like
- Blue Coat Lane Home by Vita Design Group
- Urban Garden Residence in Spain
- House in Naples by The Decorators Unlimited
- Cove House by Justin Humphrey
- Malcolm Home by Big House Little House
- Vitra Haus by Herzog & de Meuron
- Residence in Knokke-Heist by Luc de Beir
- Boscastle Road House by Finkernagel Ross
- Como 3 by Refined Edge Homes
- Apartment 701 by SHROFFLEóN