Quinta dos Pombais House by Opera
This private single family house located in Castelo de Vide, Portugal, was designed in 2015 by Opera.
Description by Opera
The awesome site and landscape were the inspiring theme for this house. The deployment of the house comes from the imposition of the polygon with removal of 50 meters to the extreme limits, maintenance of all trees and seeking views privileged obtained from altimetry 417,00. The program follows the guidelines of the owners with possibility of future expansion for 2 more rooms (for tourist exploitation). The house is carried out in three levels, with the aim of integrate as much as possible in the landscape and “follow” the natural inclination of the terrain. The location of the guest rooms on the lower level, oriented to the East, allows to separate the private area and also the future expansion of this area.
The stone used in the exterior walls, was from the extracted foundations and the “wood box” used thermowood, a natural and low maintenance cladding.
Photography by João Morgado
Products You May Like
- PA House by Idin Architects
- Clapham Home by AMARI
- Lune de Sang Pavilion by Chrofi
- Inspiring Apartment by Bellas Artes
- Chesapeake Bay Home by ZEN Associates
- Casa Tona by Meritxell Ribe - The Room Studio
- Apartment in Shanghai by Topos Design Clans
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Dublin House by Love Interiors
- Ivanhoe Extension by Modscape