Quinta dos Pombais House by Opera
This private single family house located in Castelo de Vide, Portugal, was designed in 2015 by Opera.
Description by Opera
The awesome site and landscape were the inspiring theme for this house. The deployment of the house comes from the imposition of the polygon with removal of 50 meters to the extreme limits, maintenance of all trees and seeking views privileged obtained from altimetry 417,00. The program follows the guidelines of the owners with possibility of future expansion for 2 more rooms (for tourist exploitation). The house is carried out in three levels, with the aim of integrate as much as possible in the landscape and “follow” the natural inclination of the terrain. The location of the guest rooms on the lower level, oriented to the East, allows to separate the private area and also the future expansion of this area.
The stone used in the exterior walls, was from the extracted foundations and the “wood box” used thermowood, a natural and low maintenance cladding.
Photography by João Morgado
- Summit Home by Cullum Homes Design
- Crescent H by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- San Francisco Residence by Mark Davis Design
- Goor Apartment by Or Kochav
- Belsize Park House by Roselind Wilson Design
- J House by Pitsou Kedem Architects
- Casa RO by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Country Estate by Teresa Bürgisser Sancristoforo
- House Under Eaves by MRTN Architects
- House in Toronto by Men At Work General Contractors