Loft in Williamsburg by Ensemble Architecture
This inspiring loft apartment located in New York City, United States, was designed by in 2014 by Ensemble Architecture.
Description by Ensemble Architecture
The Williamsburg loft is a 3,500 SF live / work space shared by a married couple–he is a chef and food writer and she is a sculptor. The couple found the large, industrial, ground floor space after years of searching for an industrial space to transform that would function as workspaces for both of their disciplines and as a comfortable home.
Approximately one half of the space is used as a sculpture studio, the other half is living space including a spacious chef’s kitchen for TV productions and events. Writing and other business related to cooking takes place in an office located off the kitchen for easy access to desk, files and computer while cooking.
Monumental, ten-foot by fifteen-foot sliding partitions function to open or close the work spaces from the living spaces creating a flexible balance between live and work.
Photography courtesy of Ensemble Architecture
- Villa Tramonto by GAA Architects
- Apartment in Paris by Rosko
- Villa Tirana by Studio Marco Piva
- Casa GG by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- Yarrow Point Home by Brian Paquette Interiors
- Prenzlauer Berg Penthouse by BERLINRODEO
- Midcentury House by Ampersand Architecture
- House in Ketchum by Lloyd Construction