Aluminum House by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
This modern two-storey residence located in Madrid, Spain, was designed in 2016 by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos.
Description by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
A consolidated landscape surrounded by gardens with big trees within the metropolis of Madrid is the fortunate starting point of this house.
The piece, of metallic and horizontal nature, produces the effect of having just one storey. With its proportions and materiality it both contrasts and blends with the tall trees of its environment.
The scale of the house is moderated through the understanding of the day area as a base emerging from the same natural stone which paves part of the plot. The night zone is placed on it and focuses the view to the north and south while protecting itself from the eyes of the neighbours and generating shaded terraces in which to enjoy the exterior.
The substantially square plan is designed to unite the program in a compact way. The staircase and central inner atrium distribute the rooms, establishing a functional hierarchy in which all spaces open up to the garden.
Photography by Diego Opazo
- Peak Lookout Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- Pear Tree House by Edgley Design
- Residence in NHA Trang by Vo Trong Nghia Architects
- House Dia by Kerschberger Architekten
- Modern Loft in Kaunas by Idwhite
- Casa Lucerna by Moire Arqs
- House Finestrat by Gestec
- Apartment SG by M12 Architettura Design
- Contemporary Residence by Blackfish Homes
- House in Knokke by Just'In Home Design