Aluminum House by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
This modern two-storey residence located in Madrid, Spain, was designed in 2016 by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos.
Description by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
A consolidated landscape surrounded by gardens with big trees within the metropolis of Madrid is the fortunate starting point of this house.
The piece, of metallic and horizontal nature, produces the effect of having just one storey. With its proportions and materiality it both contrasts and blends with the tall trees of its environment.
The scale of the house is moderated through the understanding of the day area as a base emerging from the same natural stone which paves part of the plot. The night zone is placed on it and focuses the view to the north and south while protecting itself from the eyes of the neighbours and generating shaded terraces in which to enjoy the exterior.
The substantially square plan is designed to unite the program in a compact way. The staircase and central inner atrium distribute the rooms, establishing a functional hierarchy in which all spaces open up to the garden.
Photography by Diego Opazo
- Avocado Acres House by LLoyd Russell
- Villas Cousines by Daniela Q Carneiro
- Residence in Jackson by Design Associates Architects
- Firenze Residence by Assembledge
- Courtyard House by Robert Hutchison Architecture
- La Perla Blanca by Ambience Home Design
- Home in Barcelona by SSCV Arquitectos
- Quarry House by Ramon Esteve Estudio
- Modern Two-Story Residence
- Kingsville Remodel by Richard King Design