Aluminum House by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
This modern two-storey residence located in Madrid, Spain, was designed in 2016 by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos.
Description by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
A consolidated landscape surrounded by gardens with big trees within the metropolis of Madrid is the fortunate starting point of this house.
The piece, of metallic and horizontal nature, produces the effect of having just one storey. With its proportions and materiality it both contrasts and blends with the tall trees of its environment.
The scale of the house is moderated through the understanding of the day area as a base emerging from the same natural stone which paves part of the plot. The night zone is placed on it and focuses the view to the north and south while protecting itself from the eyes of the neighbours and generating shaded terraces in which to enjoy the exterior.
The substantially square plan is designed to unite the program in a compact way. The staircase and central inner atrium distribute the rooms, establishing a functional hierarchy in which all spaces open up to the garden.
Photography by Diego Opazo
- Bayswater House by Trinity Interior Design
- The Quest by Strom Architects
- House in Madrid by Ramón Esteve Estudio
- Dual Concepts by T.M Design Studio
- Edgewood House by Menendez Architects
- Mountain Drive Residence by Blackbird Architects
- House in West Hollywood by BAR Design + Construction
- Modern Lodge by KEM Studio
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- Suburban House by TTAT