Delbrook Residence by Garret Cord Werner Architects
This elegant 4,600 sq ft home situated in North Vancouver, Canada, was designed in 2014 by Garret Cord Werner Architects and Interior Designers.
Description by Garret Cord Werner Architects
Completed in late 2014, this elegant 4,600 square feet home is located in North Vancouver. Situated on a slope, the house sits back from the street and provides a classic, timeless, and understated presence. Concrete and cedar create a pleasant contrast to the lush greenery surrounding the home. By nestling the house into the ground, the design features two volumes on shifted planes with varying floors levels to highlight a playful circulation experience throughout the home. The journey begins at the entry, located at lower level, and leads into a sun soaked stairwell that is cleverly day lit from a window above. With 3 bedrooms on the upper level, and another bedroom and office on the lower level, the floorplan maximizes the use of space while simultaneously creating transparent light filled rooms that seek to blur the line between indoor and outdoor spaces.
Photography by Artinmedia
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos