Chalet 4.0 by Yod Studio
Located in Poltava, Ukraine, this chalet is part of the Relax Park Verholy hotel complex.
It was designed in 2016 by YOD studio of commercial design.
Description by YOD studio of commercial design
Chalet 4.0 is a part of the hotel complex Relax Park Verholy. New apartments are fully integrated in a pine forest. Instead of the usual solid base the building stands on the so-called screw base. This construction helped to settle chalet just in the forest without harming trees or damaging their root system.
The building consists of two separate rooms with a common guest hall. There is an additional house for the guests in the territory.
The interior is eco-friendly and restrained. Forest theme and connection to nature are emphasized by the selection of principal materials, such as stone and wood. Rhythmic veneer lines on the walls symbolize rows of pine trees outside the window, and cow skin looks like animals that lives in the forest.
Photography by Andrey Avdeenko
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos
- House in Broadbeach Waters
- House in Tobermory by Mafcohouse
- House in Muko by Fujiwaramuro Architects
- Villa in Lugano by Attilio Panzeri & Partners
- Contemporary House by Khosla Associates