Courtyard House by Davis Architects
Inspired by Japanese architecture, this inspiring courtyard house designed by Davis Architects is situated in Sydney, Australia.
Description by Davis Architects
The brief for this architect designed Lilyfield Sydney terrace renovation was to create indoor/outldoor living spaces inspired by Japanese architecture. A “glass link” joins the old house to the new extension and features a Japanese garden to provide a sense of tranquility throughout the home. The warmth of natural timber throughout the living areas contrasts beautifully against the modern black kitchen. A servery from the kitchen to the covered deck allows for easy entertaining and a “home cafe” environment. The high windows and light wells fill the living spaces with an abundance of natural light. The rear studio / guest wing features a japanese bath.
“We have used Davis Architects three times and in our minds Ed Davis is the best architect you’ll find. Ed takes time to understand your vision, drawing out what’s important to you in terms of form, function, light and air flow. We love his aesthetic, use of materials and creativity. Our home is now full of amazing details that reveal themselves as you enter the various spaces. Our visitors are in awe and we have such pride in what we’ve created with Ed. We’d be happy to elaborate further if you are considering Davis Architects for your next renovation or build”. Katrina Lindsay and Alex Gould, Lilyfield.
Photography by Ann-Louise Buck
Products You May Like
- Gaga Changning Villa by Coordination Asia
- Retreat in Oisterwijk by Ina Matt
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- Efjord Retreat by Stinessen Arkitektur
- Triling Loft by Free Space Intent
- Kent Apartment by Gruppo Lithos Architettura
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Tea House Design by G&S Design
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs