Courtyard House by Davis Architects
Inspired by Japanese architecture, this inspiring courtyard house designed by Davis Architects is situated in Sydney, Australia.
Description by Davis Architects
The brief for this architect designed Lilyfield Sydney terrace renovation was to create indoor/outldoor living spaces inspired by Japanese architecture. A “glass link” joins the old house to the new extension and features a Japanese garden to provide a sense of tranquility throughout the home. The warmth of natural timber throughout the living areas contrasts beautifully against the modern black kitchen. A servery from the kitchen to the covered deck allows for easy entertaining and a “home cafe” environment. The high windows and light wells fill the living spaces with an abundance of natural light. The rear studio / guest wing features a japanese bath.
“We have used Davis Architects three times and in our minds Ed Davis is the best architect you’ll find. Ed takes time to understand your vision, drawing out what’s important to you in terms of form, function, light and air flow. We love his aesthetic, use of materials and creativity. Our home is now full of amazing details that reveal themselves as you enter the various spaces. Our visitors are in awe and we have such pride in what we’ve created with Ed. We’d be happy to elaborate further if you are considering Davis Architects for your next renovation or build”. Katrina Lindsay and Alex Gould, Lilyfield.
Photography by Ann-Louise Buck
Products You May Like
- Turó Park Apartment by Meritxell Ribé
- Gable House by Sheri Haby Architects
- Avalon Home by Villa and Villa
- Mill House by OB Architecture
- Apartment in St Petersburg by D&T Architects
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- North Bondi II Residence by Tobias Partners
- Compound Q by DSDG Architects
- Tactile House by Thomas and Spiers Architects
- Apartment by the Sea by Tal Goldsmith Fish Design Studio