JKO House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
Designed in 2012 by Jacobsen Arquitetura, this modern two-storey residence is situated in São Paulo, Brazil.
Description by Jacobsen Arquitetura
This house is located in the Jardins neighborhood in São Paulo and belongs to a couple with four young children who have a very contemporary lifestyle. We worked quite well with them from the beginning to the end of the construction.
We wanted to explore the concepts of clarity and lightness in this project. For this, we alternated the use of transparent, translucent and white surfaces for vertical closures and the structure was developed with slenderness of its metallic parts as being of primordial importance. In practice, it was a construction that made use of few materials, mainly metal and glass, in addition to stone floors in the social areas and wood in the private areas. Ventilation and natural lighting, as well as security and privacy, were aspects that were resolved technically with external blind systems and skylights, both with automated opening mechanisms. A large metal overhang protects all the frontings.
Photography by Maíra Acayaba
- Home in Eltham North by Crib Creative
- Home in Mutiny Bay by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- RSC House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- MLA House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Villa Boscana in Spain
- WADI Penthouse by Platau
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Penthouse One-11 by Milano Contract District
- Beach House by Denton House Design Studio