Aranya Farmhouse by Patel-Vadodaria
Located in India, this minimalist farmhouse was designed by Patel-Vadodaria I Design Research Studio.
Description by Patel-Vadodaria
PVDRS were approached to design the interiors of a farm house.
The interior design focuses on the development of interior spaces that are minimalist, elegant and draped in colours and textures Indian in essence.
Furniture is bespoke, designed specifically for this project and is realised from solid wood that was reclaimed from 60-80 year old factory shed that belonged to the clients. The figures, grains and veins of the wood are not masked. They are rather celebrated in an application of linseed oil polish. MS Steel in grey colour is used as structural frame as well as ironmongery.
The kitchen wall forms the focus of the living space with its hexagonal cracked yellow tile with wood inlays.
The interior colour and material pallate form a background to receive client’s collection of painting, artefacts and rugs.
Photography courtesy of Patel-Vadodaria
- House Z by Closer Architects
- House JRV2 by Studio de.materia
- Cloy Ave Residence by Mayes Office
- Banyan Tree Residence by Choeff Levy Fischman
- House in Ourém by Filipe Saraiva – Arquitectos
- JD2 House by Carney Logan Burke Architects
- House Jun by Ichiro Tanaka
- Hucker Residence by [STRANG] Architecture
- Bellino Residence by Mayes Office
- House in Mill Valley by Michael Rex Architects