Cloud 9 Villa by 123DV
Designed in 2013 by 123DV, this inspiring contemporary residence is located in the Netherlands.
Description by 123DV
Duin & Beek residential district adjoins the young dunes. The natural scenery all around creates a sense of total freedom for the residents. This district radiates luxury, grandeur, and comfort, combined with the tranquility and privacy of living in natural surroundings. The landscape consists of an impressive dune forest atmosphere at the foot of the Kennemer dunes.
Echoing the leafy landscape, the exterior walls of the house are executed in natural materials such as stone and timber panels. The facades of the upper floor are covered with timber panels, which are extended across the windows in the form of external venetian blinds where more privacy is desired.
To maximize openness to the garden, the living area is executed with a great deal of glass. Several stone-clad disks provide the occupants with the privacy they desire. These have been designed to the allow morning, afternoon, and evening sun to penetrate the house whenever the occupants want.
The exterior walls of the house are executed in natural materials such as stone and timber panels, reflecting the natural atmosphere of the surrounding landscape. The facade of the upper floor is cladded with timber panels, which are extended across the windows, resembling external Venetian blinds, providing more privacy where it is requested. To maximize openness to the garden, the living area is executed with a great deal of glass. Several free standing stone-clad elements provide the family with the privacy they desire. These have been designed to allow morning, afternoon, and evening sun to enter the house.
Custom-made furniture offers quality time at different moments of the day throughout the villa:
· a lazy lounge chair with a fireplace as well as a television, all placed inside a freeshaped hole in a playful cupboard, located strategically between the kitchen and the living room
· an extendable table, ready for both quick breakfasts or convivial dinners
· a bath with seating area for 2 persons or children and an intimate shower with a view towards the garden
All the rooms are designed to let in the sunlight deep into the interior. For hot summers hidden electric screens and shutters and custom designed wooden shutters provide the necessary shelter or privacy. Heating, light, alarm, audio, shutters: all systems are iPhone controlled.
Photography by Hennie Raaymakers
Products You May Like
- House in Malibu by Hillstar Construction Services
- Everson by Michelle Berwick
- Herzliya Pituach 1 by Tomer Ben Dor
- Open House by Eric Cobb
- Flatiron Private Residence by Oda New York
- House in Melbourne by Austin Maynard Architects
- 61st Street Townhouse by TRA Studio
- Palm Residence and Guest House by Clark Richardson Architects
- Boneo Country House by John Wardle Architects
- Casa FR by Salvatore Pellitteri