Union Bay Residence by NB Design Group
This beautiful single family residence located in Seattle, Washington, was designed by NB Design Group and DeForest Architects.
Description by NB Design Group
Overlooking Union Bay, this 6,000 sf waterfront home is both a practical family home and an elegant oasis of space and light. It is also a return to roots, as the new house rests on the site of the owner’s childhood home. Defined by architectural concrete walls and sheltered by substantial wood and steel beams, an entire wall of lift-slide doors pocket out of sight to open the home to fresh air, an expansive terrace, Union Bay, Husky Stadium and the existing teahouse, which was preserved as a respectful nod to the past.
Internally, the house is composed of two wings. One is all about retreat—a tranquil den, luxurious master bath, and master bedroom. The other embraces togetherness—a spacious kitchen, family room, and breakfast bay overlooking the water. Between these distinct volumes is a series of lofty open spaces for indoor and outdoor entertaining — entry courtyard, great room, lakefront terrace, and dock.
A subdued color palette of soft greens and dusty blues mix with clean, low profile furniture pieces to create an understated yet elegant foreground to the fantastic water views. As you enter the home, views of Union Bay pull you into the dining area of the Great Room. The sculptural glass chandelier mimics the reflections of the water without taking away from the landscape beyond.
Photography by Benjamin Benschneider
Products You May Like
- Lazadenas Apartment by Molins Design
- Cabbagetown Coach House by Core Architects
- Contemporary Home by Kata Koppany
- Glass and Stone Oasis by Merle
- Familny Apartment by Za-Za Interior Design
- Eichler X-100 by Lucile Glessner Design
- PURO Kraków Kazimierz by Conran and Partners
- Mountain House by Gangoly & Kristiner Architekten
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue Y Seta
- Wales House by Flavin Architects