Camden House by Powell Tuck Associates
This 10,000 sq ft industrial house located in London, United Kingdom, was completely redesigned in 2013 by Powell Tuck Associates.
Description by Powell Tuck Associates
Previously Monty Python’s Milkwood studios, our client bought the site from a developer. We had designed another house, Oxford Gardens, for this client in 2008 and they approached us to work on this new project.
The Camden house is approximately 10,000 square feet, comprising a series of buildings forming a number of lateral spaces, including a vast double height 4000 square feet studio space, separate projection room, inner courtyard and gated off-street parking area.
We were commissioned to adapt what had already been carried out by the developer. This included a number of key elements to the exterior, including a roof terrace over the existing studio, with planting and a large roof light to the main studio, an entrance extension replacing an existing open porch, a glazed link replacing the open bridge and a carport to the parking area.
Internally, more daylight was introduced, adding a feeling of space. We worked closely with the client and interior designer on how the spaces were furnished and finished. The main areas included more refitted bathrooms, additional joinery throughout, improving the staircases, repositioning a new kitchen into the main studio/living area, a new utility and back-up area adjoining a new side entrance, and large fireplace to the main studio.
Photography courtesy of Powell Tuck Associates
Products You May Like
- Wrottesley Road House by Marsh & Parsons
- Loft Apartment by Dita Luarasi Abdiu
- Industrial Chic Apartment by Simonian Rosenbaum Architects
- Interior KAS by INT2 architecture
- Lake Waconia House by ALTUS Architecture + Design
- Doorzien House by Bijl Architecture
- The Deerings by Gresford Architects
- Penthouse in Peckham by Ensoul
- Canary Wharf Home by Claudia Dorsch Interior Design
- Clive and Jeanne's House by JOMA Architecture