Tactile House by Thomas and Spiers Architects
Redesigned in 2017 by Thomas and Spiers Architects, this split level family home is situated in Dulwich, United Kingdom.
Description by Thomas and Spiers Architects
Tactile House is a split level family home in Dulwich, completed in June 2017. The ground floor spaces are defined by a varied playground of textures and materials for interactive family living. Painted steel beams, exposed brick, plywood, and rope screens create specific areas for playing, relaxing and eating whilst keeping a feeling of connected space. These areas spill out through steel framed doors and windows to the raised terraced and planting beds before falling towards the garden. It was great to work so closely with the clients on their project to create a beautiful, unconventional and warm-hearted family home.
Photography by Whitaker Studio
Products You May Like
- Casa Ian by Stefano Pasquali
- Syshaus by Arthur Casas Design
- The Twin View by The Rural Building Company
- Modern Private Residence by Rockwell Interiors
- HNN House by Hernandez Silva Architects
- Attico A&O by Biondi Architetti
- Wapping Loft in London
- Modern Barn Conversion by Water Mill by Plum Builders
- Appleton Way by Peters Architecture
- Ivanhoe Extension by Modscape