HaMy’s House by Ashera Architects
HaMy’s House is a modern single family house located in Nguyễn Văn Vĩnh, Vietnam, has been designed in 2021 by Ashera Architects.
HaMy’s house is an interesting interior renovation designed and completed by Ashera in early 2021.
It is necessary for this project to meet the criteria which both the design unit and the owner have agreed on beforehand.
This is a modern and functional design, using neutral colors combined with wooden materials, which brings a cozy and intimate atmosphere to the household.
Economical construction cost by keeping old furniture which is still in good use and harmonizes with the new design.
Prompt construction time because the family has small children and wants to finish it soon to settle down there.
The roof has been thoroughly waterproofed. This problem had bothered the homeowners for such a long time that they decided to renovate their house.
Solution proposed by the design unit
• Remove details on the ceiling and pillars, flatten the wall, cover exposed pillars to make the space seamless.
• Build a new ceiling with accents in the living room, ensuring the height of use.
• Remove the curved and space-consuming stairs, use steel stairs combined with wooden steps which has fast construction progress, easy cleaning and good aesthetics.
• Move the bathroom from the middle to the corner of the house so that the kitchen and living area are ventilated and the space on the first floor is enlarged.
• Remove the warehouse and create a skylight from which the kitchen is enlarged and ventilated.
• Rearrange and replace the front altar with a Master bedroom for the couple with a 4-door glass entrance, helping the bedroom to have a nice view of the outdoor scenery.
• The old wardrobe system was flattened, repainted and re-positioned accordingly.
• Renew ceilings and floors with soft accents.
• Enlarge the bathroom, adding utilities at the request of the owners such as a bathtub and a steam bath.
• Use materials that match the design and characteristics of a sauna room.
• Divide the bathroom into dry and wet areas to keep it dry when in use.
• The rear bedroom is for the children so that parents can easily go back and forth to take care of them, a color design suitable for young children: blue for boys, pink for girls along with utilities like study tables, private closets and play areas.
• Glass walls and windows at the void help the bedroom to have more light and air.
Rearrange with an altar and entrance to the roof at the back; a multi-purpose room at the front.
Clean and waterproof thoroughly the rooftop so that it can be used for a long time.
Photography courtesy of Ashera Architects
Visit Ashera Architects- by Matt Watts