House Boone Murray by Tribe Studio Architects
This 1920s bungalow in Sydney’s East has been updated in 2012 by Tribe Studio Architects to suit a young family.
Description by Tribe Studio Architects
A poor 1970s rear yard addition was carefully removed from the original house and historic details preserved.
A new addition to the rear has a contemporary architectural and interior language inspired by the old.
The existing house is highly decorative to the street elevation only: it is rendered and modelled with some complex corbelling and fretwork. In stark contrast, the side elevations of the house are completely unadorned.
The new additions takes its cue from this diminution in decoration and presents are totally flat elevation to the rear garden. Hence the public face of the house is decorative and frilly, while the private face is quiet, honest and unadorned. It is the unpretentious face of private family life.
Products You May Like
- JI-House by Craft
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects