Houses in Koksijde by BURO II & ARCHI+I
Two inspiring multi-storey residences designed by BURO II & ARCHI+I, located in Koksijde, Belgium.
Description by BURO II & ARCHI+I
The design of these two multi-storey properties respects the scale of the adjacent residential centre.
Both buildings are able to optimally integrate in the landscape as a result of their underground garage and the planting of dune grasses. The buildings each consist of two fl oors plus an attic fl oor. Each fl oor houses a three-bedroom apartment or duplex. A uniform design was adopted for the façade and the roof to achieve a striking and distinctive architectural style.
The preferred choice was white aluminium, as a contemporary application and interpretation of the white coastal architecture. The shell was constructed using a white aluminium standing seam system, which is ideal for use on the wall as well as the roof.
Due to its scale, purity and simplicity in terms of volume, façade composition, details and use of materials, the buildings blend effortlessly into their surroundings. The open space is planted with dune grasses, through which a path meanders to the entrance and terraces of the ground fl oor apartments.
Photography courtesy of BURO II & ARCHI+I
Products You May Like
- PA House by Idin Architects
- Clapham Home by AMARI
- Lune de Sang Pavilion by Chrofi
- Inspiring Apartment by Bellas Artes
- Chesapeake Bay Home by ZEN Associates
- Casa Tona by Meritxell Ribe - The Room Studio
- Apartment in Shanghai by Topos Design Clans
- Woodpecker Ranch by Feldman Architecture
- Dublin House by Love Interiors
- Ivanhoe Extension by Modscape