Somers House One by Adrian Bonomi
Designed in 2015 by Adrian Bonomi, this inspiring single family residence is located in Victoria, Australia.
Description by Adrian Bonomi
A compact, living and breathing house. A central living zone connected to a large north-facing verandah. Blur the line between a courtyard house and a traditional Australian verandah. A private house, accessible to friends and family with the back door working as front. Natural materials – timber cladding, plywood, cedar doors and internally recycled painted brick and stone. The large verandah to get the most out of outdoor living in colder months. Ample shade during the hottest months. Reverse brick veneer construction and a carefully crafted passive solar envelope for a very comfortable living environment. The heating and cooling systems are rarely used. A house for the beautiful contrasts of Victorian climate.
Photography by Benjamin Hosking
Products You May Like
- Cottage by Guy Hollaway Architects
- Rose House by JRSconsult Architects + Engineers
- Townhouse Extension by Parasite Studio
- G2-House by Architect Show
- Future Contemporary by Studio In2
- House Redesign by Stuart Osman Building Designs
- Bondi Townhouse by The Designory
- Delray Beach Home by Lesly Maxwell Interiors
- Savona 18 by Cibicworkshop
- Chateau Beach by Meridith Baer Home