Somers House One by Adrian Bonomi
Designed in 2015 by Adrian Bonomi, this inspiring single family residence is located in Victoria, Australia.
Description by Adrian Bonomi
A compact, living and breathing house. A central living zone connected to a large north-facing verandah. Blur the line between a courtyard house and a traditional Australian verandah. A private house, accessible to friends and family with the back door working as front. Natural materials – timber cladding, plywood, cedar doors and internally recycled painted brick and stone. The large verandah to get the most out of outdoor living in colder months. Ample shade during the hottest months. Reverse brick veneer construction and a carefully crafted passive solar envelope for a very comfortable living environment. The heating and cooling systems are rarely used. A house for the beautiful contrasts of Victorian climate.
Photography by Benjamin Hosking
Products You May Like
- Residence G by W&Li Design
- Apartment in Kiev by U-Style
- Multigenerational House by One SEED Architecture + Interiors
- Luxury Residence by T&T Architects
- Mount Martha Residence by Clancy Constructions
- Doorzien House by Bijl Architecture
- GL House by Pozas Arquitectos
- Gingerbread Apartment by Fateeva Design
- Luxury Townhouse by Claridge Construction
- By the Way House by Robert Konieczny - KWK Promes