Lafayette Residence by Texas Construction Company
Texas Construction Company completely redesigned this charming 1930s home situated in Lafayette, Texas.
Description by Texas Construction Company
Overhaul a charming 1930s home to produce a spacious, modern and bright primary residence.
In order to allow the client to move into the property sooner, the project was executed in two phases. The initial phase remodeled the existing 1100 square foot home by changing the floor plan to create larger combined spaces. New lighting, refinished hardwoods, two remodeled bathrooms, a sleek kitchen and rebuilt fireplace brought the house back to life. Collaboration between our team, the landscaper and architect allowed us to execute a landscape plan which would be unaffected by the subsequent construction. In the second phase, the existing 400 square foot carport was converted into a state of the art media room and office. Our systematic approach to project management allowed us to execute phase one in the two month period required and the second phase after move in with little interruption to the client.
The Final Result
The house’s original charm was preserved, while interior and exterior spaces were enhanced and modernized to suit the owner’s contemporary lifestyle.
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects
- Cabin Norderhov by Atelier Oslo