Selah Residence by Stuart Silk Architects
Designed by Stuart Silk Architects, this contemporary single family residence is situated Selah, Washington.
Description by Stuart Silk Architects
This home is located on a plateau surrounded by orchards and farmlands. Two intersecting diagonal axes were derived from the orientation of primary mountain views. A dramatic eighteen-foot, glass-covered concrete drum, located at the intersection of the axes fills the home with natural light. Stone clad gables stripped of all unnecessary detail enhance the drama of the gables and strengthen their rich association with nearby agrarian building forms. A stone wall shields the pool and cabana from prevailing summer winds while strategic openings focus views on the landscape and the mountains.
Winner of the 2008 Masonry Institute of Washington Honor Award for Excellence in Masonry Design, and was published in Trends, Winter 2007
Products You May Like
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Laucala Island Resort in Fiji
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co