Duane Street Duplex by wUNDERground
wUNDERground recently redesigned this contemporary 4200 sqft duplex located in New York’s Tribeca.
Description by wUNDERground
Seduced by stunning 18’ arched windows and serene park views in the heart of Tribeca, this downtown family purchased two adjacent 3-bedroom apartments amid a developer’s building renovation.
To synthesize 4200sf of real estate, the spaces were rescaled and modified to create a custom loft home. Fixtures, finishes, and details were all altered from the developer’s standard to accommodate the owners’ modern tastes.
We worked on site with the developer’s builders to incorporate the primary changes, then engaged specialty contractors to complete the space. We dedicated extensive attention to resolving all of the unique conditions resulting from the exposed irregular structural grid and complex conversion infrastructure.
After multiple stages of renovation, this unique loft evolved into a truly stunning modern home, complete with custom millwork, centralized control systems, and specialty details throughout.
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- WADI Penthouse by Platau
- Penthouse One-11 by Milano Contract District
- Luxury Penthouse by Willoughby Construction
- Loft in Poland by Fabryka Wnętrz
- Apartment Remodel by Atelier Data
- Brewery Loft by Whitaker Construction
- Studio Apartment by Interiors.homeandwood
- Apartment in Taipei City by Taipei Base Design Center
- Loft in Paris by Jonathan Stene