Four Seasons House by ch+qs
Designed in 2013 by Churtichaga+Quadra-Salcedo arquitectos, this modern wooden retreat is situated in Berrocal, Spain.
Description by ch+qs
This is a humanized landscape of meadows, walls, ash, streams, a small-scale landscape, minimal, almost domestic, and where absolutely everything happens in yellow.
In spring poke all yellow flowers.
In the summer, yellow cereal is yellow harvested in a yellow Castilian heat.
Fall only comes here in yellow, millions of tiny ash leaves that die in a lingering and dry yellow.
In winter, yellow insists in glowing flashes of yellow lichen on the gray trunks of ash trees.
And here every machine is yellow, the signs are yellow, everywhere yellows…
We bought a meadow in this landscape 15 years ago, and after 12 years of yellow contemplation, we decided to build a tiny house there, a refuge, a piece of landscape as a frame, a small inhabited threshold with two views, east and west.
To the west, a nearby view of rocks, moss, brambles and ancient ash. And to the east, the distant dawn over the yellow mountains.
This double view and the thinking body finished to draw the house.
Everything is small, everything is short, everything has a tiny scale.
From outside, the view slides over the house.
The eye only stops at a yellow gate guarding the doorway, and a yellow chimney that warms it, the rest is invisible.
And when sitting, stopping in the doorway, the house disappears and the world continues in yellow.
Products You May Like
- Vivienda Tres Torres by Pablo Peyra
- Triplex Redesign by Valentí Albareda
- Apartment in Barcelona by Valentí Albareda
- Inspiring Residence by YLAB Arquitectos Barcelona
- Apartments in Realejo by Elisa Valero Arquitectura
- 1306 House by JLE Arquitectos
- Casa Arroyomolinos by Kubikoo Estudio
- Modern Urban Home by Y Designs
- Holiday Home in Ibiza by Natalia Zubizarreta
- Loft in Barcelona by Habitan Architecture