Brown Cabin by D’arcy Jones Architecture
This 1,200 sq ft midcentury cabin was designed in 2014 by D’arcy Jones Architecture. It’s situated in Comox Valley, British Columbia, Canada.
Description by D’arcy Jones Architecture
A new 1,200-square-foot cabin was built across the yard from an existing stacked log cabin. A courtyard is created in the negative space between the two cabins with a new minimal woodshed acting as the hinge between them.
All roof slopes on the new shed and cabin match the slope of the existing cabin. Intentionally rough, the new cabin will be stuccoed the same texture as the existing cabin, disguising their May–September romance. Hornby Island curves and hand-hewn finishes make the new cabin comfortable and low key, adding an instant patina to this family compound designed for year-round island living.
- Apartment in Milan by GRAF+BÄDER
- Elliot Road Home by Klopper and Davis Architects
- Casa Pinto by Insite Architetture
- 3:2 House by MÉTODO
- Itamabuca House by Arquitetura Gui Mattos
- Retreat in Hälleviksstrand by Decorate
- Yarrow Point Home by Matt Jones Design
- Grimbergen Residence by I.S.M. Architects
- Residence in Salerno by studio 74ram
- Cereal Abode by Pilbrow and Partners