Kipling Residence by C O N T E N T Architecture
This contemporary two-storey house designed by C O N T E N T Architecture is situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by C O N T E N T Architecture
The Kipling house is a new addition to the Montrose neighborhood. Designed for a family of five, it allows for generous open family zones oriented to large glass walls facing the street and courtyard pool. The courtyard also creates a buffer between the master suite and the children’s play and bedroom zones. The master suite echoes the first floor connection to the exterior, with large glass walls facing balconies to the courtyard and street. Fixed wood screens provide privacy on the first floor while a large sliding second floor panel allows the street balcony to exchange privacy control with the study. Material changes on the exterior articulate the zones of the house and negotiate structural loads.
Photography by Peter Molick
- Peak Lookout Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- Dormer House by post Architecture
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Office Space by Atelier Pro Architects
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects
- MK2 House by Canny Design
- House in South Lamar by JGB Custom Homes
- House in Savyon by Dan & Hila Israelevitz Architects