Kipling Residence by C O N T E N T Architecture
This contemporary two-storey house designed by C O N T E N T Architecture is situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by C O N T E N T Architecture
The Kipling house is a new addition to the Montrose neighborhood. Designed for a family of five, it allows for generous open family zones oriented to large glass walls facing the street and courtyard pool. The courtyard also creates a buffer between the master suite and the children’s play and bedroom zones. The master suite echoes the first floor connection to the exterior, with large glass walls facing balconies to the courtyard and street. Fixed wood screens provide privacy on the first floor while a large sliding second floor panel allows the street balcony to exchange privacy control with the study. Material changes on the exterior articulate the zones of the house and negotiate structural loads.
Photography by Peter Molick
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- Yarrow Point Home by Brian Paquette Interiors
- Prenzlauer Berg Penthouse by BERLINRODEO
- Midcentury House by Ampersand Architecture
- House in Ketchum by Lloyd Construction
- QL House by Visioarq Arquitectos
- Home in St. Helena by Jennifer Robin Interiors
- East Village Studio by JPDA
- Campo Belo Apartment by Julliana Camargo