Kipling Residence by C O N T E N T Architecture
This contemporary two-storey house designed by C O N T E N T Architecture is situated in Houston, Texas, United States.
Description by C O N T E N T Architecture
The Kipling house is a new addition to the Montrose neighborhood. Designed for a family of five, it allows for generous open family zones oriented to large glass walls facing the street and courtyard pool. The courtyard also creates a buffer between the master suite and the children’s play and bedroom zones. The master suite echoes the first floor connection to the exterior, with large glass walls facing balconies to the courtyard and street. Fixed wood screens provide privacy on the first floor while a large sliding second floor panel allows the street balcony to exchange privacy control with the study. Material changes on the exterior articulate the zones of the house and negotiate structural loads.
Photography by Peter Molick
- Townhouse Renovation by Studio Geiger Architecture
- Spyglass Hill House by KRS Development
- Church Transformation by Scrafano Architects
- Swann Wynd Bridge House by NAHB
- Contemporary House by Carrera by Design
- East Hampton Home by Timothy Godbold
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects