Eco House by BXBstudio
Located in Southern Poland, this contemporary two-storey residence was designed in 2012 by BXBstudio – Boguslaw Barnas.
Description by BXBstudio
This project of sustainable house is located in the protected landscape area Nature 2000, surrounded by beech and oak forests, horse riding meadows and agricultural lands.
Number of analysises defined the final shape of the house, among them:
– analysis of functional plan – division into day, night, technical and working zones,
– analysis of solar radiation – to optimize solar gain and to create interiors with proper natural light,
– analysis of exterior views and plot shape – to take the most advantage of the house location,
– building technology to be used
The house in not huge, but there is a spacious day zone inside, that is open up to 5 m height. Its main pride is a conrete wall and bearing mounting stairs.
The building is designed in way to optimize the energy gain and loss. Sustainability of the house comes not only from unique technology but also out of architectural form and shape that harmonizes with nature.
Simulations of the sun positions in different periods of a year allowed to create proper arrangement of the house layout and glass partition in way to gain heat in winter and to reduce overwheating in summer. Energy efficient Izodom technology was used to minimize heat loss.
Photography courtesy of BXBstudio
- Casa GG by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- Yarrow Point Home by Brian Paquette Interiors
- Prenzlauer Berg Penthouse by BERLINRODEO
- House in Ketchum by Lloyd Construction
- QL House by Visioarq Arquitectos
- Campo Belo Apartment by Julliana Camargo
- Morumbi Apartment by Julliana Camargo
- Alise Apartment by Oksana Dolgopiatova