Z Apartment by Carola Vannini
Redesigned in 2016 by Carola Vannini, this modern apartment is located in Rome, Italy.
Description by Carola Vannini
This Roman apartment went through an important conservative intervention that wanted to emphasize the original ancient structure of the building through the addition of modern Interior Design elements.
We get into the apartment through a distribution space carachterized by an ancient arch and a big back lit wardrobe, that create a magnificent lighting effect. The living room is enlighten by three windows that overlook the big terrrace and the pleasant surrounding areas. A brick wall has been restored and underlined by a continous recessed led light strip.
The kitchen is custom made and characterized by the two colors, black and white. A frontal wall covered by a blackboard covering, creates a sharing space dedicated to the entire family.
The night area contains the master bedroom, two girls bedrooms, one guest bedroom and an office space. Each bedroom has its own bathroom space, coordinated by colors and flair.
The lighting design has been a very important aspect of this work. It very much contributed to create a refined balance between ancient and modern architecture, while making this apartment unique.
Photography courtesy of Carola Vannini
- Tiny House by E-E-P-A
- East Bay by Sherry Williamson Design
- Estrade Residence by Mu Architecture
- Apartment in Paris by Rosko
- House in Leuven by Rob Mols and Studio K
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- Residence in Tel Aviv by Vered Blatman Cohen
- Roslagsgatan Apartment by Alexander White
- Space and White by C.H. Interior
- East Village Studio by JPDA