Burnley Residential Renovation by DX Architects
Modern single family house located in Melbourne, Australia, designed in 2015 by DX Architects.
Description by DX Architects
The Burnley Residential Renovation created an open plan living area which connected with the back yard on a typical inner city single fronted site.
This renovation included the installation of a custom manufactured, industrial styled glass window facing onto the back yard. The design for this project also features a pitched roof structure with high-level windows and a sloping ceiling. The aim of this design feature was to maximise light within the boundary to boundary construction.
The interior was completed with custom painted black accents in the door hardware and tap fittings, and was complimented with oak timber engineered flooring. The kitchen was finished with matt black and white 2 pac door panels, and entertaining style island bench was finished with waterfall edge stone benchtops. A feature mirror splashback in the kitchen reflects light within the centre of the room.
Feature pendant and wall lights were carefully positioned to define the various functions of the flexible open plan living room.
The construction phase of the Burnley Residential Renovation was completed in July, 2015.
Photography by Tatjana Plitt
Products You May Like
- Turó Park Apartment by Meritxell Ribé
- Gable House by Sheri Haby Architects
- Avalon Home by Villa and Villa
- Mill House by OB Architecture
- Apartment in St Petersburg by D&T Architects
- Hiro-En House by Matt Gibson A+D
- North Bondi II Residence by Tobias Partners
- Tactile House by Thomas and Spiers Architects
- Apartment by the Sea by Tal Goldsmith Fish Design Studio
- House In Achladies by Lydia Xynogala