Canal House by The Ranch Mine
This modern single family house located in Phoenix, Arizona, was designed in 2017 by The Ranch Mine.
Description by The Ranch Mine
Canal House is a new build home inspired by the forms of the missions in southern Arizona on a left over, irregularly shaped vacant lot along the Arizona Canal. The house opens out from the interior spaces to courtyards shaded by the geometry and layout of the design that provide additional living areas at different times of day. The central courtyard is anchored by a rusted steel clad outdoor fireplace that separates the living wing of the house from the sleeping wing. On the interior of the house, a rusted steel clad hood draws the eye up to the vaulted, tongue and groove hemlock ceiling in the great room. The kitchen is highlighted by super durable Dekton countertops, hand-made Fireclay ceramic tile in a herringbone pattern, and a copper farmhouse sink. Aluminum clad, wood doors and exposed aggregated concrete floors add texture and warmth to the interior. The master bathroom contains an open shower with a freestanding tub and is finished with a stripe of the hand-made ceramic tile and cabinetry echoing the vaulted ceiling of the great room.
Photography by Roehner + Ryan
Products You May Like
- Modern Apartment by Andrei Popov
- AG House by Rocco Borromini
- Venetian Island Waterfront by In-Site Design Group
- Bijou Marylebone Apartment by Maurizio Pellizzoni
- Casa PV2 by Lucas Y Hernández-Gil Arquitectos
- Sonoma Wine Country by Feldman Architecture
- Sandaosa House by Hearth Architects
- Tahoe Marvel by Kelly Hohla Interiors
- Clovelly Glow by H Interior Design
- Apartment AML by David Ito Arquitetura