SoHo Loft by David Howell Design
Eclectic loft residence designed by David Howell Design situated on Mercer Street, in the heart of New York’s popular entertainment district.
Description by David Howell Design
Located on Mercer Street in SoHo, this loft is on a low floor and has little natural light. A partial height feature wall serves a dual purpose: creating a subtle but distinct transition from public to private and bringing natural light and air into the private spaces.
The design marries classic historical elements with clean modern elements, retaining original details and celebrating imperfections. These include tin ceilings, stripped cast iron columns, original floors and window casings.
The Owner sought to create an eclectic environment based on found objects and art. Collaboration with other artists was integral to the process so the finished product has more than one author.
- Loft Apartment by Laura Lakin Design
- Apartment in Kiev by Mooseberry Design
- Miami Beach Home by NLdesign
- Apartment N°Four by Nora von Nordenskjöld
- Apartment in Moscow by Tikhonov Design
- Apartment in Kiev by Andrew Skliarov
- Industrial Apartment by Union Studio
- South End Apartment by Over, Under
- Jardins Apartment by Tavares Duayer
- Design Loft in Miami Shores