Hudson Street Loft by wUNDERground
Situated in Tribeca, New York, this 2000sf eclectic loft was designed for an investment professional by wUNDERground.
Description by wUNDERground
As part of his relocation from London, an investment professional purchased this 2000sf eclectic artist’s loft in Tribeca. With windows in almost every direction, the building’s primary façade slices through the Manhattan grid, affording stunning 180° views.
To redefine spatial proportions and capitalize on the diagonal window expanse as part of the overall composition, all existing walls were removed and the partitioned rooms were rebuilt in a neat rectangle along the far side of the plan. In this block of private space, the floor was raised and the ceiling was lowered to accommodate new infrastructure, while adding a sense of intimacy.
We tailored every detail to accent the proportion and grandeur of the remaining triangular living/dining area. We restored the original window trims, developed custom over-sized moldings, painted the raw terracotta ceiling a textural white and added ambient lighting to graze the 13-foot ceiling at night.
The result is a truly special Manhattan space that celebrates the unique views that span from the Chrysler to the Woolworth buildings, linked by the ornate cornices of Tribeca.
Products You May Like
- Scandinavian Apartment in Moscow by Boris Denisyuk
- Upper East Side Residence by Pepe Calderin Design
- Apartment in Barcelona by Estudio Miriam Barrio
- Apartment in Milan by Disegnoinopera
- Arum Apartment by Studio Strato
- Loft in Italy by IDEeA Interior Design e Architettura
- Boston Waterfront Condo by FBN Construction
- Modern flat in Moscow by Kerimov Architects
- Inspiring Home in Bari by Davide Tarricone
- Frederiksberg Apartment by RUM4 // Kristian Lillelund