Hudson Street Loft by wUNDERground
Situated in Tribeca, New York, this 2000sf eclectic loft was designed for an investment professional by wUNDERground.
Description by wUNDERground
As part of his relocation from London, an investment professional purchased this 2000sf eclectic artist’s loft in Tribeca. With windows in almost every direction, the building’s primary façade slices through the Manhattan grid, affording stunning 180° views.
To redefine spatial proportions and capitalize on the diagonal window expanse as part of the overall composition, all existing walls were removed and the partitioned rooms were rebuilt in a neat rectangle along the far side of the plan. In this block of private space, the floor was raised and the ceiling was lowered to accommodate new infrastructure, while adding a sense of intimacy.
We tailored every detail to accent the proportion and grandeur of the remaining triangular living/dining area. We restored the original window trims, developed custom over-sized moldings, painted the raw terracotta ceiling a textural white and added ambient lighting to graze the 13-foot ceiling at night.
The result is a truly special Manhattan space that celebrates the unique views that span from the Chrysler to the Woolworth buildings, linked by the ornate cornices of Tribeca.
- Jaglana Apartment by Raca Architekci
- Apartment in Stockholm by Stylingbolaget
- Apartment Portugal by GDL Arquitetura
- Apartment in Barcelona by Egue y Seta
- Duplex Tibbaut by Raúl Sánchez Architects
- PNN House by Mauro Soddu
- Midcentury Apartment by Vera Montes De Oca Dohse
- Minima Apartment by StudioPine
- Pålsjögatan Home by Bjurfors Skåne
- Apartment in Matera by ASP Progetti