Hover House by Bower Architecture
In 2013 Bower Architecture completed this beautiful wooden single family property situated in Melbourne, Australia.
Description by Bower Architecture
Hover house re-imagines the single dwelling courtyard and explores the subsequent architectural opportunities on an Australian battle axe block with minimal street frontage.
To solve the challenges and harness the opportunities of the site, an internal focus was created with a design that extrudes a simple sectional gable shape through the length of the house. The resulting form maximises natural light, efficiently collects rainwater and emphasises views to distant gum tree canopies. The gable roof shape establishes dynamic interior volumes, from intimate private areas and external galleries to higher living spaces.
Defined by its unique simplicity and linkages between key spaces to the compelling courtyard, Hover House is both innovative and modest, in the setting of a challenging context.
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- White House by In2
- Fisher Island by Associated Design Co
- Marin Residence by Dawson & Clinton
- Cozy Home by Ruetemple
- Loft in San Diego by Hawkins + Hawkins Architects