Page Road Residence by ACTWO Architects
Located in Massachusetts, United States, this modern wooden residence was designed by ACTWO Architects for an art collector.
Description by ACTWO Architects
A new house for an art collector and arts advocate. This house explores multiple layers of transparency to maximize light and volume on an intensely wooded site, which also required preservation of a vernal pool and protection of extensive wetlands.
Conceptualized as a solid box, which opens to the light through a series of volumetric cuts, the materials reflect the operations that create the house’s surfaces.
While not removed from the grid, a number of advanced energy conservation measures are employed, including geothermal heating and cooling, a high albedo roof, superinsulation, energy efficient lighting, and extensive local sourcing of building materials.
Greg Premru Photography
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Modern Bachelor by Contour Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Wooden Cottage by Elena Sherbakova
- SilverWoodHouse by 3r Ernesto Pereira
- Hause for Julia and Björn by Architekten Innauer Matt
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors