MCM Lakehouse by Schemata Workshop
This mid-century modern house situated at Lake Sammamish in Issaquah, Washington was recently remodelled by Schemata Workshop.
Description by Schemata Workshop
An elegantly simple, mid-century modern house is rescued from entropy and given a full upgrade to meet current energy and seismic building codes. This home on Lake Sammamish was reduced to framing and rebuilt to create improved indoor and outdoor areas for a family of four. Due to the condition of the existing building, few elements of the original construction were preserved – entry door and window; a metal bell-shaped fireplace; and interior stair. Improvements include ground level terrazzo flooring and new walnut casework throughout to enhance the original design.
There were many unanticipated challenges during construction such as finding an 8’ sink hole under the building; the extent of dry rot; inadequate structural design and construction of original home. Due to the number of unforeseen conditions, the project scope changed dramatically and frequently over the course of construction. This necessitated close collaboration between the Owner, Contractor and Architect, which was facilitated by Schemata Workshop. Through nimble problem solving and consistent re-calibration of priorities with the Owner and Contractor, the project was completed within 10% of their original construction budget.
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Beach House by Denton House Design Studio
- Home in Tennessee by Hastings Architectural Associates
- Luxury Penthouse by Willoughby Construction
- Equestrian Retreat by Lorrie Browne Interiors
- Art House by Cioffi Architect
- Residence in Hollywood Hills by Struere
- Newport Beach Residence by Brandon Architects
- Inspiring Apartment by Ghiora Aharoni Design Studio
- La Jolla Hilltop Villa by Tommy Hein Architects