Beach House by LAND Arquitectos
Modern beach house featuring spectacular ocean views located in Zapallar, Chile. It was designed by LAND Arquitectos.
Description by LAND Arquitectos
Catch the Views House is originated from an intention of capturing and framing the different existing views at the inside spaces toward the sea and surrounding landscape. To achieve this initial objective, plus considering the strong slope of the site, we arrange and stacked one above the other a set of volumes directed to the selected views from a previous view-shed study. Arranging the interior and exterior program in relation with sunlight and wind exposure, and interconnectedness of the spaces.
The volumes are stacked one above the other, remembering how randomly shoreline rocks are stacked in this coastal landscape. We use a similar color from the rocks too, a dark grey, for the exterior facades of the house.
For the house structure, we use a system of prefabricated concrete panels, with a high isolation performance, which also reduces construction time. Material selection criteria were based on the performance, durability and maintenance of the materials in harsh coastal environments.
Photography by Sergio Pirrone
- Beach House by Brandon Architects
- LB House by Shachar Rozenfeld Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects
- Hide and Seek House by Bower Architecture
- Courtyard House by De Rosee Sa
- House in St. Louis by Mitchell Wall Architecture & Design
- Residence in Mersch by Massive Passive
- House in Los Molles by Thomas Löwenstein
- House K by Thomas Fabrinsky Freier
- House in Rapel Lake by PAR Arquitectos