HS Residence by Cubyc Architects
Modern two-storey single family residence designed in 2014 by Cubyc Architects. It’s located in Bruges, Belgium.
Description by Cubyc Architects
The house is built on a rectangular plot on in the outskirts of Bruges. The existing bungalow from the 60s was demolished because it did not longer meet the current comfort en energy requirements..As the existing bungalow of the sixties did not longer meet the current comfort and energy standards, the complete building was demolished. The location of the former building has dictated the position of the new property. The implantation of the new house had to be derived from the plot of the old house. Large canopies protect the house from overheating. Because of them, the designers were able to use large floor-to-ceiling windows on the garden side without compromises. The canopies do not only control the indoor climate they also create nice covered outdoor spaces that can be used troughout the year. The perception of the house is a succession of different perspectives and experiences. These different perspectives lead the visitors to explore the property.
Photography by Koen Van Damme
- Elliot Road Home by Klopper and Davis Architects
- Casa Pinto by Insite Architetture
- 3:2 House by MÉTODO
- Itamabuca House by Arquitetura Gui Mattos
- Grimbergen Residence by I.S.M. Architects
- Industrial Modern by Boswell Construction
- Mozoquila House by Vieyra Arquitectos
- Rough House by Measured Architecture
- LB House by Shachar Rozenfeld Architects
- Glenhaven Residence by Abramson Teiger Architects