Hello House by OOF! Architecture
The Hello House by OOF! Architecture is a two-bedroom Victorian-era home and creative studio (and former shop) in Richmond, Melbourne (VIC), Australia.
Description by OOF! Architecture
The home features a large, white-brick wall featuring the word ‘HELLO’, that offers a conversation with the neighbouring buildings and its residents.
A skin of brick is all it takes to keep a secret and two worlds exist happily side by side with a public face that cheerfully greets the street while giving nothing away about the world behind. Inside, the house adjusts to the needs and moods of its residents – a cosy retreat in winter or an airy pavilion in summer – all secret from the outside world.
Rather than blending in or blanding out of its heritage-ous neighbourhood, Hello House is a slightly loud but friendly new face in the street.
Photography by Nic Granleese
- Lofthouse 1 by Marc Koehler Architects
- Capitol Avenue Residence by Aspect 11
- House in Avalon Beach by ArchiBlox
- Shirley House by Yamamar Design
- Surry Hills Apartment by Josephine Hurley Architecture
- Northcote Home by Pleysier Perkins
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Riverview House by Nobbs Radford Architects
- Magic Cabinet by Mayan Gabay and Jasmine Bachinsky
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes