North Tel Aviv Home by Studio Nurit Leshem
Recently completed by Studio Nurit Leshem, this modern private residence is located in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Description by Studio Nurit Leshem
This is the new house of a family based in Tel Aviv, who purchased the plot of land adjacent to their home of the past 20 years.
The old house also stands on the same plot, but it was not possible to unite the buildings.
The designer faced the challenge of planning a new house that would harmonize with the old one and create a visual and functional connection between them.
An open space was formed between the buildings, and together with the landscaping and gardening this created a pleasant sitting area.
The new house was built on a plot of approximately 500 sqm and has a built-up area of 120 sqm.
This house includes a separate unit and an expansive terrace used for hosting.
The terrace serves as the main hosting area of the old house and therefore features a kitchen with barbecue.
The terrace overlooks the swimming pool and the main house. The windows that surround it withdraw into built-in pockets and when they are opened, the open space feels like an integral part of the garden.
The finishing materials greatly contribute to the creation of harmony between the buildings.
The older house was entirely renovated and adapted to the family’s needs, which changed over the years, and the openings were altered and adapted to the overall space.
Photography by Amit Geron
- Bare House by Jacobs-Yaniv Architects
- Apartment in Milan by 23bassi Studio di Architettura
- Apartment in Dnepropetrovsk by Svoya Studio
- Apartment in Sofia by Pavel Yanev
- House in Brazil by Reinach Mendonça Arquitetos Associados
- Blairgowrie House by Powda Con
- Black and White Minimalism by GAO architects
- Apartment in Warsaw by Nasciturus Design
- Apartment in Yekaterinburg by Hot Walls
- House in Singapore by JOW Architects