Kirribilli House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
This modern sustainable residence located in Sydney, Australia, was designed by Luigi Rosselli Architects.
Description by Luigi Rosselli Architects
The brief was to provide a comfortable house.
What makes a house comfortable?
It’s not a question of good padding on the lounges but the ability of a building to provide a climatically comfortable environment, a place where you seek refuge from the heat of the day or in the cold nights, without having to barricade yourself behind hermetically shut windows.
The rammed earth walls and well located operable skylights, the sun drenched courtyard and the breezy verandah, the green roof and external shutters have all contributed to a most liveable waterfront residence and to win the AIA sustainable design award for 2011.
The design was awarded as a proof that sustainable architecture can be applied to the top end of Residential architecture.
The architecture is complemented by a strikingly original landscape design by Terragram.
Photography by Justin Alexander
Interior design by Alena Smith Design Studio
- Sunset House by McLeod Bovell Modern Houses
- Home in Mutiny Bay by Hoedemaker Pfeiffer
- RSC House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Sophia Apartment by Blackhaus
- MLA House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- Villa Boscana in Spain
- JKO House by Jacobsen Arquitetura
- WADI Penthouse by Platau
- House in Dallas by Coats Homes
- Penthouse One-11 by Milano Contract District