Kirribilli House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
This modern sustainable residence located in Sydney, Australia, was designed by Luigi Rosselli Architects.
Description by Luigi Rosselli Architects
The brief was to provide a comfortable house.
What makes a house comfortable?
It’s not a question of good padding on the lounges but the ability of a building to provide a climatically comfortable environment, a place where you seek refuge from the heat of the day or in the cold nights, without having to barricade yourself behind hermetically shut windows.
The rammed earth walls and well located operable skylights, the sun drenched courtyard and the breezy verandah, the green roof and external shutters have all contributed to a most liveable waterfront residence and to win the AIA sustainable design award for 2011.
The design was awarded as a proof that sustainable architecture can be applied to the top end of Residential architecture.
The architecture is complemented by a strikingly original landscape design by Terragram.
Photography by Justin Alexander
Interior design by Alena Smith Design Studio
- Clyde North House by Carlisle Homes
- Skyline House by Terry and Terry Architecture
- Riverview House by Nobbs Radford Architects
- T House by IDIN Architects
- House in Mernda by Carlisle Homes
- Tree Top Residence by Belzberg Architects
- House in Melbourne by Bagnato Architects
- Chancellor Residence by Frits de Vries Architect
- Residence by Alberto Burckhard + Carolina Echeverri
- Villa Carber by Buratti Architetti