Middle Park House by Mitsuori Architects
Mitsuori Architects completely redesigned and extended an existing Victorian house situated in Melbourne, Australia.
Description by Mitsuori Architects
This renovation and addition to an existing Victorian house responds to the changing needs of an active, growing family and creates striking yet flexible and relaxed spaces for them to enjoy for many years to come. This project includes renovation to the existing historical residence and the addition of a double storey extension to create a multi-zoned family home. An open study area and feature stair are set within a sculptural double height void which becomes an open transition point within the house between old and new.
The new addition features a large open plan living space at ground level and a children’s zone on the first floor. An open plan living and entertaining space is designed to allow flexibility with the arrangement of furniture and features a full width sliding glass wall opening onto a rear terrace and garden. Natural materials and textures are used throughout the project with durable weathered timber cladding and screens to the first floor. Polished concrete floors, composite stones and Australian hardwoods are used internally to create comfortable, robust and low maintenance spaces. Soft whites, muted color tones, natural timbers and dark polished concrete are used to create a sophisticated yet relaxed urban family home.
Photography by Michael Kai
Products You May Like
- Casa M by Lopez Duplan Arquitectos
- Beyond Residence by SAOTA
- Christchurch House by Case Ornsby Design
- 5th Street Residence by Electric Bowery
- Apartment S by Christian Schwienbacher
- House in Les-Portes-en-Ré by Martins Afonso Atelier de Design
- Black Line Apartment by Arhitektura
- Small Size Apartment by BDRbureau
- Treetops House by Specht Architects
- House in Naples by The Decorators Unlimited