Antiguo Reino by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
Designed just recently by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos, this contemporary apartment is situated in Valencia, Spain.
Description by Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
This home is set on a typical building of the Ensanche (19th century expansion) of Valencia. A typology of square urban blocks with chamfered vertices, that generates long and narrow housing units which are lit by inner patios.
The day area opens towards the main façade of the building, generating a continuous space, defined by furniture gathered within structural elements. The night area opens towards the inner patio of the block. Wet areas are included between both of them and are also lit by the inner patios.
The project draws on a permeable configuration by generating a series of continuous spaces which are distinguished by dividing furniture and large sliding doors. The warm tone of the pavement, along with the temperature of artificial lighting, contribute to the spatial character of the house. In order to accent the feeling of amplitude, we seek to respond to the programme with as little fragmentation as possible.
Photography by Diego Opazo
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- House in Chiswick by BASE
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov
- Apartment in Rome by Brain Factory
- High-tech Apartment in St. Petersburg by AlexLoft
- Onella Residence by TAO Architecture