RP House by CMA Arquitectos
This contemporary lakefront residence designed by CMA Arquitectos is situated close to Vichuquén, Chile.
Description by CMA Arquitectos
The property, located at the foot of Lake Vichuquén, in Region VII, is set longitudinally with respect to the horizon, with the aim of recognizing the variety of the landscape and to capture the best views of the lake, through a corridor terrace running along the entire space.
The volume is defined as a large pavilion, a body that rests quietly on the territory, mimicking the slope and vegetation. All the stillness of this body is eroded on its roof, which folds into different prisms which capture the overhead light and views of the treetops, bringing inside the spatial perception of living in a forest.
Internally, each space builds its own atmosphere of light and scale, in a wooden enclosure that traverses floors, walls and roof, until getting lost in the ceiling. A concrete volume intersects the wooden pavilion in the rear, as a longitudinal volume with opaque walls and voids that contain within them all the wet program of the house: bathrooms and kitchen, where each enclosure opens to a light courtyard contained within its walls.
Photography by Sebastian Aedo and Estudio Apulso
- Franklin Mountain House by Hazelbaker Rush
- House in Joesler by Hazelbaker Rush
- Contemporary House in Attadale by Imperial Homes
- Moving House by Architects EAT
- Monterrey Modern by Surber Barber Choate + Hertlein Architects
- Apartment EP by Manca Studio
- Oksaflat by ART-UGOL
- House in Savyon by Dror Barda Architects
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda