Apartment in Sofia by DontDIY
Designed by DontDIY for a single businessman, this fresh apartment is located in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Description by DontDIY
The project is home for a single businessman with passion for photography and travel and is situated on the last floor of an old four-storey high building in Yavorov – the first residential complex built in Sofia in the mid 20th century near the city centre. The neighborhood features a lot of small parks and gardens which is made visible and accessible in every room.
The apartment has an open space kitchen-dining-living room while large-scale wood panel doors separate it from the vestibule and the study. A green staircase furniture connects the main level with the attic while also storing the kitchen appliances. The sleeping area is somewhat hidden as its door is part of the large white bookcase in the living room, and it has a separate bathroom, a closet and built-in wardrobe.
The flexibility of the project allows the possible future separation of the attic space into an independent sleeping area as it has its own wardrobe and bathroom, while the study room on the first floor can be easily used as an additional kids room.
Photography by Asen Emilov
- Contemporary House in Attadale by Imperial Homes
- Home in Palermo by Studio Didea
- Monterrey Modern by Surber Barber Choate + Hertlein Architects
- Apartment EP by Manca Studio
- Oksaflat by ART-UGOL
- House in Savyon by Dror Barda Architects
- Apartment in Foshan by C&C Design Group
- Casa GSL by Leandro Matsuda
- Casa Primera by Octava Arquitectura
- O Cuatro Residence by Migdal Arquitectos