Apartment P by Elia Nedkov
This minimalist apartment located in Sofia, Bulgaria, was designed in 2015 by Elia Nedkov.
Description by Elia Nedkov
The project takes root in the new residential area of Lozenets, a historic district of the Bulgarian capital highly esteemed for its strategic position overlooking the Vitosha mountain and for the mixture of new and old infrastructure, remains of the Soviet era.
The architectural language – while focusing on the core desire of a family with two teenage boys for a generous and light living volume – aims at the idea of space as an intimate and clean environment. Also, it is concerned with giving to a 100 m2 space the sensation of an unbounded and natural place.
The subtraction of lintels and some walls, the synthesis of the spaces; the opaque finished, built-in furniture; the use of indirect light on a materials of neutral appearance, such as concrete, oak wood, lime based wall finishes in the bathrooms.
All this as part of a constant search for a peaceful uniformity, which is also one of the drives for my design and architectural practice.
- Waltham Jewel by Melbourne Design Studios
- Marthas Cove 01 by Dan Webster Architecture
- Doheny Modern by Meridith Baer Home
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- House in Chiswick by BASE
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov