Contemporary Home by O’Neill Architecture Design
Located in Bardon, Australia, this contemporary residence was designed in 2014 by O’Neill Architecture Design.
Description by O’Neill Architecture Design
Nestled amongst the natural beauty of Bardon and offering city views from the front, this distinctive home has been designed to accommodate the lay of the land. The structure terraces down the steep sloping site, minimising the visual impact on the neighbours and streetscape.
The nature of the site and the need for sunlight dictated essentially two houses linked though a western hallway, separated by an east facing courtyard and the program for the house adapted to this separation with the “front” house containing adult kids and home offices, with the “rear” house dedicated to the main living areas, parents’ bedroom and the lap pool and recreation areas.
This separation allows for orientation to both city and bush views with a central protected courtyard for living. The house is designed to maximise flexibility for a grown family with great access to sunlight and a myriad of spaces for gathering or private reflection.
Photography by Scott Burrows
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos
- Home in Paesana by Marco Bernini
- North Hyde Park Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- Residence in Hammond Park by Ben Trager Homes