Contemporary Home by O’Neill Architecture Design
Located in Bardon, Australia, this contemporary residence was designed in 2014 by O’Neill Architecture Design.
Description by O’Neill Architecture Design
Nestled amongst the natural beauty of Bardon and offering city views from the front, this distinctive home has been designed to accommodate the lay of the land. The structure terraces down the steep sloping site, minimising the visual impact on the neighbours and streetscape.
The nature of the site and the need for sunlight dictated essentially two houses linked though a western hallway, separated by an east facing courtyard and the program for the house adapted to this separation with the “front” house containing adult kids and home offices, with the “rear” house dedicated to the main living areas, parents’ bedroom and the lap pool and recreation areas.
This separation allows for orientation to both city and bush views with a central protected courtyard for living. The house is designed to maximise flexibility for a grown family with great access to sunlight and a myriad of spaces for gathering or private reflection.
Photography by Scott Burrows
- Allen Key House by Architect Prineas
- House in Brescia by Claudia Pelizzari Interior Design
- Berkshire Residence by MATHISON | MATHISON ARCHITECTS
- Underhill Residence by Bates Masi Architects
- Kits Beach Home by Form Collective
- Residence in Windsor by Brininstool + Lynch
- Casa AB by e|arquitectos
- Nalu Boutique Hotel by Studio Saxe
- Cozy Loft by ONI Architects
- Ascaya Residence by SB Architects