The White House by WT Architecture
Located on the island of Coll in Scottland, this 1773 house was completely redesigned and extended by WT Architecture.
Description by WT Architecture
A new house in and around the ruins of ‘The White House’ where Boswell and Johnston visited during their tour of the Hebrides in 1773. The spectacularly cleft ruin is to be consolidated and only partly occupied. A glazed living room link connects a wing of domestic accommodation to the west, which is sheltered by a massive dry stone wall that extends into the landscape, extending the ancient patterns of enclosure analysed in the drawing above left. The building was completed in late June 2010.
Photography by Andrew Lee
- House in Toronto by Men At Work General Contractors
- Home in Taiwan by MORI Design
- House in London by extrArchitecture
- Casa M. by Comfort_Architecten
- Home in Sydney by Mary Ellen Hudson Architects
- Kew Residence by Adie Courtney
- Dormer House by post Architecture
- Contemporary House in Northcote by Ola Studio
- Office Space by Atelier Pro Architects
- Studio Apartment in Moscow by KDVA Architects