Villa “la Petite Sereine” by Ortelli Architetti
Located in Pointe Milou, St. Barth, this beautiful seafront residence was designed in 2012 by Ortelli Architetti.
Description by Ortelli Architetti
Villa “La Petite Sereine” is immersed in the spectacular landscape of Pointe Milou, St. Barth, in the French West Indies.
Surrounded by tropical vegetation and by the dark rocky mountain behind, the villa is built on two levels, overlooking to the white sands of the Caribbean Sea.
The main features of the project are the symmetrical plan, the happy relationship between internal and external spaces, combined with a light Tuscan travertine floor (open pore) which, together with the large sliding windows, makes it a unique seamless space.
Of particular interest is the chromatic contrast created by the same light travertine with the dark slate that could be find both in the garden stairs and retaining walls as well as in the rear area where the BBQ and pond/sculpture are located. Furthermore also the Lava stone (Safel) covers both pools, including the infinity at the top level.
The design of the interior has been fulfilled in close collaboration with the designer Marcel Wolterinck who gave particular attention also to the garden by the creation of pleasant and usable terraces linked by discrete slate stairs.
Most of the furniture are custom made as the outdoor dining table “Il Pezzo 6” (Il Pezzo Mancante, Florence), the Cocktail cabinet (Marcel Wolterinck)and the living room onyx table designed by Arch. Paola Tueta (Ortelli Architetti).
Photography by Gerald Tessier
- Waltham Jewel by Melbourne Design Studios
- Avocado Acres House by LLoyd Russell
- Marthas Cove 01 by Dan Webster Architecture
- Doheny Modern by Meridith Baer Home
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- House in Chiswick by BASE