Kate’s House by Bower Architecture
Kate’s House is a single storey extension and renovation to a 1960’s house situated in Australia.
Description by Bower Architecture
Kate’s House is a single storey extension and renovation to a 1960’s house, entered through a side courtyard sanctuary which separates the retained part of the existing dwelling and the new addition. Bagged brick walls and sculptural use of timber typify the use of raw yet restrained materials that combine with the fine grain offered by brass and steel detailing. Living and private zones are defined by a series of high gallery spaces which naturally light and ventilate the house, while vividly tiled bathrooms are treated as discovered gems. The house maintains a continuous connection to landscape and garden as it terraces down the site to a lower family level, leading to the dramatic pool area beyond.
Photography by Shannon McGrath
- Villa Tramonto by GAA Architects
- Apartment in Paris by Rosko
- Villa Tirana by Studio Marco Piva
- Casa GG by Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Apartment in Turin by Italia And Partners
- The Nelson by Dale Alcock Homes
- Yarrow Point Home by Brian Paquette Interiors
- Prenzlauer Berg Penthouse by BERLINRODEO
- House in Ketchum by Lloyd Construction
- QL House by Visioarq Arquitectos