Kate’s House by Bower Architecture
Kate’s House is a single storey extension and renovation to a 1960’s house situated in Australia.
Description by Bower Architecture
Kate’s House is a single storey extension and renovation to a 1960’s house, entered through a side courtyard sanctuary which separates the retained part of the existing dwelling and the new addition. Bagged brick walls and sculptural use of timber typify the use of raw yet restrained materials that combine with the fine grain offered by brass and steel detailing. Living and private zones are defined by a series of high gallery spaces which naturally light and ventilate the house, while vividly tiled bathrooms are treated as discovered gems. The house maintains a continuous connection to landscape and garden as it terraces down the site to a lower family level, leading to the dramatic pool area beyond.
Photography by Shannon McGrath
- Green Elephant by Azovskiy&Pahomova Architects
- Casa Abierta by R79
- Bougainvillea Row House by Luigi Rosselli Architects
- Chalet Design by Amdeco Architecture D'intérieur
- Home in Preston Hollow by Linda Fritschy Interior Design
- Trail House by Zen Architects
- Glass House in Escazú by Cañas Arquitectos
- Home in Paesana by Marco Bernini
- North Hyde Park Residence by Clark Richardson Architects
- Residence in Hammond Park by Ben Trager Homes