Residence in Taipei by Wei Yi IDA
Designed by Wei Yi International Design Associates, this 1,722 sq ft apartment is situated in Taipei, Taiwan.
Description by Wei Yi International Design Associates
This is a 30-year-old apartment, the original compartment was the light barrier. The long narrow area splint into different spaces makes people feel uncomfortable.
On the first time the designer scouting site, he found that its Japanese-style room and master room have the best view, so the designer changed the Japanese-style room into balcony.
Besides, the master room was changed to an opened-study-room. Other than that, the designer removed extra compartment to let the sunlight came in directly. Considering the owner as a devout religious belief, who needs spaces to make regular discussions in group, designer arranged a functional living room. The sofa group which occupy space replace by independent sofas.
The opened-study-room is another place which can do meetings. The words printed on the wall at the entrance pretend the attitude of the owner to his religious. Contrast between warmth wooden floor and cold concrete infuse calm into the atmosphere. Designer didn’t care about the cost of the materials, but considering the needs and build a lovely house to the owner.
Using same material in different ways makes different feelings, When you attentively taste the air of the atmosphere, the rich textures resound in your mind.
Photography courtesy of Wei Yi International Design Associates
- Crisp House by Robert Nichol & Sons
- Noe Valley House by IwamotoScott Architecture
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- House in Chiswick by BASE
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov
- Apartment in Rome by Brain Factory
- High-tech Apartment in St. Petersburg by AlexLoft
- Onella Residence by TAO Architecture