RiverS Apartment by Emil Dervish
This contemporary apartment located in Kiev, Ukraine, was designed in 2016 by Emil Dervish.
Description by Emil Dervish
Hailing from Kiev is an outstanding exercise of practicality and visual lightness from architect Emil Dervish. Making the most out of 64sqm for his client, this urban dwelling manages to pack visual impact with handpicked design and brings out a sense of amplitude to a compact dwelling.
RiverS is a project unambiguously minimalist, especially as celebration of geometry and for its penchant for simple compositions throughout all ambients. The heart of the house is a mix of living room, kitchen and study; all perfectly aligned and fitted with the necessary furniture and purposes. There was no need to dial it down. Surprisingly enough, this isn’t a case of hidden furniture, all elements are obvious and on sight.
An interesting visual trick and solution was applied throughout the apartment, to great effect incidentally. The lighting project positions an echo-like repetition of nimble lamps on the ceiling, resulting in an unexpected element for embellishment and function. It managed to imprint personality, without overwhelming or breaking visual harmony.
This is minimalism as a double threat: smart solutions and remarkable aesthetics. To achieve amplitude and a striking interior design is a rare beast to witness nowadays.
Photography courtesy of Emil Dervish
- Merilyn House by The Little Brick Studio
- ACP House by Candida Tabet Arquitetura
- Apartment in Hsinchu by HOZO Interior Design
- House in Chiswick by BASE
- Loft in Russia by Andrei Popov
- Apartment in Rome by Brain Factory
- High-tech Apartment in St. Petersburg by AlexLoft
- Onella Residence by TAO Architecture
- Hudson River Park by StudioLAB
- Grotta Azzurra by Shiang Chi Interior Design