Heavy Metal House by Hufft Projects
In Joplin, Missouri, USA you may find an amazing contemporary 7,000 sq. ft. property called Heavy Metal by Kansas City based design studio Hufft Projects. Completed in 2010.
Description by Hufft Projects
Glass, steel, and concrete come together on this residence in a sophisticated composition of modern proportions and elegant detail. Aptly named Heavy Metal, this steel clad private residence sits on 8 acres of heavily wooded terrain. The skin is a layered facade of glass and perforated steel with large glass openings placed in strategic locations to capture the beautiful and rugged landscape. Where required, these openings are shielded by approximately two hundred unique 4’ x 10’ cold rolled steel panels. Each panel has a custom perforation pattern which is determined by a complex process that takes into account solar gain, varying levels of transparency and privacy needs.
Products You May Like
- Casa JMG by Luca Zanaroli
- Apartment in Vladivostok by ONI Architects
- Podlich Home by Rui Rosa Designs
- House in San Francisco by Vaso Peritos Interior Design
- Cowrie Road Home by MG Design & Building
- Sala Ayutthaya Hotel by Onion
- Ribbon Chapel by Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP
- Modern Ranch by Poet Interiors
- Wooden Interior by Coblonal Arquitectura
- Chevy Chase Home by Meditch Murphey Architects