Green Islands by Jean-Marie Massaud
Amazing Green Islands ottomans by French designer Jean-Marie Massaud created for the furniture manufacturer OFFECCT.
Description by Offecct
Green Islands can be described as an ottoman with room for vegetation, and by integrating a higher plant inside Green Islands, a relaxing feeling of sitting as under a tree is created. The key is that the vegetation is part of the furniture. Green Islands can be described as an island, or a kind of a refuge. When placed in a public interior it invites you to a moment of contemplation or a quiet conversation.
“Plants are essential. I like their various greens, I like their smell and their changes with time”, says Jean-Marie Massaud.
“When I designed Green Islands I found it fun imagining people sitting on a big square or circle islands with a coconut-tree over their head in the lobby of a bank. Green Islands is a kind of an enormous cushion, a waiting platform for corporate environments. I thought it was elegant to propose green in a generally dry universe.”
Green Islands comes in two variants – one circular and one square.
Green Island is part of Offecct’s O2ASIS – concept. O2ASIS is an assortment of design products, which together with flowers and plants enhances and adds value to the work environment, not least through an improved indoor air quality.
Products You May Like
- Colourfull living, Apartment by Architect Your Home
- Massimo Bench by Cromatti
- CC /_\ Concrete Concept by KASIA ORWAT Home Design
- Funky Graffiti Furniture by Dudeman
- Hans Wegner / USM Haller - Mid-Century Modern Masterpieces
- Ultramodern Furniture by Cromatti
- Bathrooms by MOMA Design
- Palmilla La Quinta Staging
- Apartment in Arnedo by n232 arquitectura
- Turn of the Century Modern by Jessica Helgerson Interior Design